Bed bugs are not known to transmit diseases; however, their bites can cause itching and swelling. It is possible in some cases for bed bug bites to cause an allergic reaction, resulting in more intense swelling and itching. If you think you have bed bugs, it is important to identify them as soon as possible so that you can begin treatment.
How to Identify Bed Bugs
The best way to identify bed bugs is by looking for physical signs of infestation. These include:
- Small, red bites on the skin that are often in a line or cluster
- Blood stains on sheets or pillowcases
- Molted skin shed by nymphs (young bed bugs)
- Rust-colored stains on furniture or bedding caused by bed bug excrement
- Sweet, musty odor caused by pheromones released by bed bugs
If you see any of these signs in your home, it is important to take immediate action. The sooner you treat bed bugs, the easier it will be to get rid of them.
The best way to prevent bed bugs is to practice good hygiene and housekeeping habits. This includes:
- Vacuuming regularly to remove any bed bugs that may be out of their hiding places
- Washing bedding in hot water (120 degrees Fahrenheit) every week to kill any potential existing bed bugs or eggs
- Keeping clutter to a minimum so that there are fewer hiding places for bed bugs
If you think you may have brought bed bugs into your home from another location, it is important to take preventive measures. These include:
- Inspecting luggage when returning from travel and washing all clothing in hot water immediately upon returning home
- Checking second hand furniture for signs of infestation before bringing it into your home
Treating Bed Bugs
Once you have identified that you have a bed bug infestation, there is one option we recommend, and that is heat treatments. Bed bugs will be killed by exposure to high temperatures (over 120 degrees Fahrenheit). This can be done using a clothes dryer set on high heat or a portable heater rated to kill bed bugs placed in an infested area.
It is important to note that this treatment will kill bed bugs both adults and their eggs..
While it is possible to kill bed bugs on your own, it is often best to hire a professional pest control company. This can help ensure that all bed bugs are properly identified and treated so that you don’t end up with an ongoing infestation. A professional will also know the most effective treatment method to kill bed bugs at different stages of development, including their eggs.
Additionally, our pest control company has access to a biocide that kills even the most stubborn bed bugs. Pesticides may be harmful if used incorrectly, so it is essential to work with a trained professional who knows how to use them safely and effectively. It is always best to leave your bed bug treatment to the experts.
Kill Bed Bugs now With Bed Bug Barbeque!
Don’t let bed bugs take over your home – call Bed Bug Barbeque for expert extermination services today! We offer a variety of treatment options to suit your needs, and our team of professional exterminators will work to kill bed bugs in your home or office once and for all.